Computers were invented to simplify tasks and also save our energy and time. But what if we face laptop shut down not overheating? Yes, there are some types of such problems usually faced by the users. We will now talk about the issue: Laptop shuts down when playing games, not overheating. One can acquire a lot of knowledge on this issue for fixing it with given tricks.
Without any overheating, laptops or computers will get turned off automatically a few times. There might be various reasons for the problem, such as virus infections, driver issues, etc. This article will talk about the solutions that can help you know how to fix laptops that shut down when playing games. By doing this, you can quickly resume the game without any problem.
- Problem Overview of Laptop Shut Down When Playing Games
- Related Problems of Laptop Shut Down When Playing Games
- What to do if the Laptop Shuts Down During a Gaming Session?
- Ways To Fix Laptop Shuts Down When Playing Games
- Some Tips for Avoiding Laptop Shuts Down Issue
- Final Words
Problem Overview of Laptop Shut Down When Playing Games
We use laptops or computers for various works in our life apart from gaming—for instance, playing games, web surfing, document creation, and much more. But if you are a gamer and streamer, it will be an essential task. In that situation, it engages with some crucial lessons. So if our system gets shut down immediately, we will need to start work from the beginning.
If a laptop gets randomly shut down, it will irritate you, leaving your game pending. Therefore, it is crucial to fix this issue and make our laptop work normally. To improve the issue, we will need to identify some reason. Do you want to know Why Laptop shuts down when playing games? Here are some causes of getting a Laptop shut down when playing games and not overheating. First, let’s look at the problems.
- Expired Drivers
- Sleep Mode
- Outdated BIOS
- Malware or virus Infections
- UPS or PSU Fluctuations
- Not enough Voltage For Laptop
- Battery Issues
- Fast Start-up
- Corrupted Software
- Corrupted or Not updated Operating System
- Hardware Issues
Because of this reason, the Laptop and the desktop will get off even if not overheated. After identifying the causes, you can also apply all techniques for resolving the issues.
A moment when the Laptop gets randomly shut down without getting overheated, you will also not see any icons or images on the screen, and you cannot process the work until the error gets fixed.
Related Problems of Laptop Shut Down When Playing Games
Now it is time to get to know all solutions and problems for fixing which are related to the computer randomly will get shut down and not getting overheated.
Laptop shut down windows 10:
If it is Windows 7 or Windows 10 or any other device, you will face shutdown problems. You will have to update all drivers, and also, you will have to make sure the PC is free from any viruses. You can also install the latest updated OS of Windows 10.
Laptop getting shut down by own:
Because of power supply issues and virus infections, Laptop randomly shuts down on its own. If a fan of the Laptop is not working, you can replace the battery with the new one to avoid the problem. You can even use the troubleshooting problems for fixing the problems.
PC shuts down while playing games:
At the turn of the computer, while playing the games, we will have to check power cables, voltage issues, and fluctuations. At the same time, you can scan the whole PC to detect and remove malicious threats.
Every night shut down:
Modify Laptop settings for avoiding shutdown during the night. Open BIOS and verify options power-related for making it active. You can prevent the computer from shutting down at night by updating windows.
GPU shuts gaming:
Download the latest versions of graphics and update them on the PC. If GPU gets shut off when you play games, then it will replace with a high graphics card.
What to do if the Laptop Shuts Down During a Gaming Session?
Are you searching for a How to Fix Laptop that shuts down when playing games? Here are some steps you can do if the Laptop gets shut down during a gaming session.
Check out the PC virus:
There can be the possibility that a virus has infected the system. Some of the viruses are programmed to frequently cause Laptops to shut down when playing games.
If you have installed the antivirus program, you can perform a deep scan of the system. You can even make sure that you should update the antivirus definition before scanning. If you have not installed the antivirus program, we recommend installing any good antivirus software.
Check out for hardware issues:
If any hardware components in the computer are functioning, it might lead to the unexpected shutdown of the computer. It usually happens with newly installed hardware because of the incompatible driver.
Remove any installed hardware component such as Wi-Fi card, Bluetooth adapter, or might be the latest GPU. After removing the hardware, you can boost the computer and check if the problem is solved. You can also check the RAM strops. The faulty RAM strips are the very usual cause of the shutdown.
If you install the graphics card and have the dates and older PSU, it can cause an issue because of power fluctuation. Check if PSU is appropriately compatible with the graphics card and replace it with the new variant.
Check out for UPS issues:
It is a common cause but not many obvious devices that can cause issues with the surge protector or UPS. You can try to connect the other laptops to the same protector and the UPS and check if problems persist.
If the issue persists, you might have a faulty UPS which needs any replacement for the Laptop that shuts down when playing games.
Check the operating system for corruption. You can also download and install the pending updates for both hardware and OS. If the issue occurs after installing the update, you must not try to perform the system restore by using the Restore Point.
For performing the system restore, you can open the restore point, click on a restore point, select any available restore point, and click “Finish.”
After that, the PC must not shut down while playing games.
Ways To Fix Laptop Shuts Down When Playing Games
If some basic steps do not create any difference, you must follow these steps to fix the Laptop’s shuts down. So let’s check out the steps to know How to Fix a Laptop that shuts down when playing games? These steps are tried and tested, and they will give you a solution to the Laptop randomly shutting down.
Step 1:- Install the latest updates of the driver
The drivers must be updated to allow the devices to operate smoothly. It can also avoid every type of hardware failure on the computer.
If you see that the computer gets shut down automatically without overheating, it might be because of the expired drivers. Therefore, you can even execute these steps for detecting and updating the drivers.
- Press Windows + X keys, then also select the device manager.
- Look out for expired drivers, and then press right-click.
- Choose the option of the updated driver.
- Click on search to update the driver.
By following these steps, the user can now upgrade the device drivers.
Step 2:- Disable the Fast Start-up
- First, open up the control panel of your Laptop.
- Click on the control panel.
- Select the sound and hardware category.
- Click on the option of the power section.
- You can select the power button option on the left side and click on that.
- You will have to visit the changeset, which is currently unavailable.
- Click on the changeset, which is unavailable options.
- Under the shutdown setting, you can uncheck turn on the fast start-up for disabling it.
- Lastly, click on the Save Changes option.
Step 3:- Update the BIOS
If the above steps don’t help you fix the problem, you can update BIOS. You will have to be most careful during the update of BIOS on Windows 10. The irregular process even leads to actual damage to your laptop.
- First, open up the manufacturers’ website and download the latest BIOS.
- It will download in Zip format. You can also save it on the root directory of the formatted drive.
- Restart your PC and then press the delete option when you see a logo.
- The user will then see a BIOS page and then follow the instructions for completing the process of updating.
Step 4:- Check out For Software problems
- Open the Command prompt using the “Windows + X” key.
- You will have to type the command “Sfc /Scannow” and press enter.
- In your command prompt, type “sfc scannow.”
- It will check your entire Laptop for corrupted files, and it will repair them for fixing the problems.
- Reboot the computer and verify whether this problem is still there.
- If you are facing the problem again, open up the Admin and execute this command. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth.
- Wait for the command to process and then restart your Laptop.
Suppose you are using the troubleshooter for detecting and repairing software failures. You will also have to install the best PC optimizations or tune-ups to identify issues and improve them. You can also enhance the system’s speed and fix the problems or shut it down.
Step 5:- Turn the sleep mode off
- Use Windows + I for opening the settings.
- You will have to choose a system category.
- After this, go with the sleep and power options.
- In the next step, the user will have to choose sleep and screen.
- After that, never choose an option.
If you do this, you can fix the Laptop’s problem by shutting it down randomly, not overheating.
Step 6:- Replace your Battery
If you are operating on a desktop and facing a random shutdown without overheating, check out that the battery remains in tip-top condition.
Because of the faulty adapters, the battery will not even get charged because the battery will get discharged due to overcharging. If someone finds a damaged battery, you can replace the battery with a new one to fix the issue.
Step 7:- Use the System Restore
Use the system restores to back the PC to older or previous settings. Because of that, you will need to follow these steps.
- Click on start menu -> search for control panel -> Choose matched one.
- After seeing the control panel of Windows 10, you can click on the security and system category.
- Navigate these steps, File history, click on Recovery, open the System Restore, and click on the Next button.
- Now you will have an option to choose system restore to go back to at same state.
- Click on the finish option to continue ahead.
- Last, click on the Yes button in a warning window.
Windows 10 is adequately restarted with previous settings.
Step 8:- Re-Install OS
If nothing works for you, it is the best step to fix the Laptop shutdown without overheating. Then, you can reinstall the operating software easily. Before going forward, you will need to safely store critical and confidential data. That’s why backing up data to removable drivers such as a hard disk.
After completing the entire process, the user will not see any problem with shutting down the Laptop.
Some Tips for Avoiding Laptop Shuts Down Issue
- Users who wish to avoid such issues must update the Windows OS and drivers.
- Run your antivirus scan for detecting and removing the virus to get the computer’s optimum performance.
- For improving device speed, avoid the shutting down and crash issues and make sure that there are no hardware problems.
We hope your doubt about “Why Laptop shuts down when playing games” is cleared. Computers and laptops have become the most crucial thing in our modern generation. For every other task, we switch to laptops or desktops. However, when the Laptop stops working incorrectly, we have to delay the tasks. For that issue, this post helps you fix the problem of laptops shut down, not overheating.