Is your mouse stuck in the corner? Many users have reported cursor freeze or being stuck in Windows 10, especially on laptops and notebooks. These are primarily after getting upgraded. The upgraded overwrites existing drivers, and therefore this might be possible that drivers have become incompatible with the touchpad, and that’s why the cursor got stuck on the screen. However, this rarely happens, and various possibilities might stop the mouse cursor from moving it. In this article, we will discuss some steps for addressing these issues.
Mouse stuck in the top left corner of Windows 10 is very easy to fix, and here are some of the fixes that will help you resolve the issues of frozen Mouse on the laptop. You might not try all these if one works for you. But you can check all of it and see which one works best for you. Let’s check out How to fix Mouse stuck in the corner?
Mouse Stuck in Corner – How to Fix It
Method 1:- Check out the physical issues:
Depending upon the Mouse is not working.
- If it is a touchpad mouse, you can move to the second method.
- If you are using an external mouse, you can try out another port functioning Mouse and recharge or replace your battery to see if this method fixes the Mouse cursor stuck in the corner problem.
Method 2: Try out function keys:
Sometimes, the mouse cursor is stuck in the top left corner valorant issue because you have pressed function keys and disabled the trackpad. If this is the case, you might need to press the keys again to turn it back. Here you can know-how.
- On the keyboard, you can hold the Function key and then press the touchpad key or F5, F7, F8, and F9. It depends upon the brand of desktop or laptop which you are using.
- Move the Mouse and check out whether the Mouse frozen issue has been fixed or not. If it is fixed, then OK, but if this doesn’t get fixed, you can move to Method 3.
Method 3: Check out the properties of Mouse:
Another possible cause for the Mouse stuck in the corner Mac problem is the trackpad turned off. For getting the Mouse unstruck:-
- You can press the Windows logo on the keyboard to copy-paste the main. cpl in the box and then click OK.
- Click device settings and then “your device,” then Enable and click on Apply and OK.
- This time, the Mouse can work fine and get unfrozen. But if you are still facing the Mouse stuck in the top right corner problem, you can go for method 4.
Method 4: Update the device drivers:
When Mouse is stuck in the top left corner, Windows 7 or 10 problem occurs, then you might be using the outdated or wrong mouse drivers. That’s why you must update the mouse driver to see whether it helps to fix the problem or not. If you do not have the skill, patience, or time to update the drivers manually, you have also taken the help of external driver apps.
These apps will help you automatically recognize the system and find out the correct drivers. You will not need to know what method is running on your computer. You don’t have to risk installing and downloading the wrong one. You will also not have to worry about making mistakes during installation. The external driver app helps you to handle everything.
You can even update the drivers automatically with these external apps.
- You should download and install the preferred app.
- Run the driver and click on the Scan button. The driver quickly scans the computer and detects any rising problem.
- Click on Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of every driver missing on the system.
- Then restart the computer to see the Mouse cursor stuck in the bottom left corner in fixed. But if you are still facing the issue, you can try out Method 5.
Method 5: Repair the system files:
The corrupt or missing system files can also cause the Mouse to freeze on the computer. For eliminating it for a cause, you can even run the Windows repair. There are two ways for repairing the system files:-
1. Replace and repair the corrupt files:
The system files must cause the crashing issue. You can get various tools specializing in Windows fixes and repairs of corrupt files.
With those apps, you can scan the operating system of the computer for corrupt, damaged, missing, malware, or virus files, then they remove every problematic file and then replaces it with healthy files. This is the process of clean re-installing the operating system; instead, you will not lose any user data, and the program’s settings are even the same before repair. Here are the steps to use those apps for repairing the files:-
- Download and install the required app.
- You can run the Free scan.
- After your scanning finishes, they will generate a detailed report of the computer’s health that includes every detected issue.
- For fixing every issue automatically, you can click on the Start Repair version.
- Then you can restart the computer to make the changes.
- Check out your computer to check whether the Mouse got fixed or not.
2. Run SFC:
System File Checker or SFC is a handy feature of Windows that helps scan the system files and corrupt or repair missing system files.
Here are the steps for running the full SFC scan.
- You can press the Windows key on the keyboard and then type “cmd.” Then click right on the Command prompt and click on “Run as administrator.”
- You can type the “sfc/scannow” command prompt windows and press enter.
- The SFC will take a little time to replace corrupted files with new ones if they detect any. So always become patient.
- Restart the PC, and hopefully, now your issues are fixed.
This article discussed five ways of fixing the Mouse stuck in the corner error. Freezing mouse cursors is a very common problem faced by users. You can check out every step one by one and see which one works out for your computer. There is nothing to get tense. Hopefully, you will have resolved the mouse issue by now.